A Content Management System (CMS) is a software application to create, edit, manage and publish content in a consistent manner. It allows you to store, control, version control different contents from Web Pages to Video Clips to MP3 songs to Blogs or Articles.
Some of the basic capabilities of a Content Management Systems include,
- Automated Templates – Create standard output templates (usually HTML and XML) that can be automatically applied to new and existing content, allowing the appearance of all of that content to be changed from one central place.
- Easily Editable Content – Once content is separated from the visual presentation of a site, it usually becomes much easier and quicker to edit and manipulate. Most Web CMS software include editing tools allowing non-technical individuals to create and edit content.
- Scalable Feature Sets – Most CMS software include plug-ins or modules that can be easily installed to extend an existing site’s functionality.
- Web Standards Upgrades – Active WCMS software usually receives regular updates that include new feature sets and keep the system up to current web standards.
- Workflow Management – Workflow is the process of creating cycles of sequential and parallel tasks that must be accomplished in the CMS. For example, a content creator can submit a story, but it is not published until the copy editor cleans it up and the editor-in-chief approves it.
- Document Management – CMS software may provide means of managing the life cycle of a document from initial creation time, through revisions, publication, archive, and document destruction.
- Content Virtualization – CMS software may provide means of allowing each user to work within a virtual copy of the entire Web site, document set, and/or code base. This enables changes to multiple interdependent resources to be viewed and/or executed in-context prior to submission.
There are a number of CMS available in the software industry Target Integration has compared a number of them and found Joomla to be the best CMS available in the market. And above all it is Open Source hence it can be modified to suit any requirements.
Target Integration can provide you an easy to use content management system to suit your requirements. Contact us for further information on your specific needs.